JFHS Awards and Honors 2013-2014:
- Our director David Webb is one of less than a dozen band directors around the country to receive this year's John Philip Sousa Legion of Honor, an international award. See news video here.
- Of the record breaking 43 JF band students who were selected for All-District, 4 students placed 1st in their respective sections, 10 qualified for All-State Band & Orchestra Auditions in February, 23 placed in All-District Symphonic Band, and 20 placed in All-District Concert Band. JF once again broke their previous record of 32 and had the most students selected out of 34 high schools in our district.
- Forest Middle School had an impressive 40 students qualify for All District Band in January, including three first chairs. Congratulations on your performance at Martinsville High School!
- One JF Wind Symphony senior (French horn) placed in the Senior Regional Orchestra, a highly selective process involving expert level competition from a huge geographic region. Congrats!
- One senior (baritone) was selected for an elite national award, representing JF in the Army/Navy high school marching band during the bowl game on Jan. 4. A JF reception was held in her honor on Dec. 4, where she was officially presented with this invitation by visiting U.S. military officers.
- Great News 2014: Allison Flores Fletcher, a 1998 graduate of JFHS, won a seat as a flutist in the United States Navy Band in Washington, D.C. The US Service Bands are the finest in the world---this is EVERY BIT as significant as having a former JF athlete make the NFL, NBA, of MLB.
- 2014 JFHS Spring District Performance Results: One Excellent and Two Superiors with amazing performances all around! Sincere thanks to all who helped make this happen.
JFHS Awards & Honors 2012-2013:
JFHS Awards & Honors 2011-2012:
Wind Symphony 2011-2012 Finals Trip: